Monday, January 24, 2022

Sunil the sunny guy packed with zest for life

Sunil Gupta
merged into Heaven on 22 Jan 2022

 असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।
 शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

from delusion to truth
from darkness to light
from death to immortality
Aum peace, peace, peace!


My ebullient, fun loving elder brother Sunil, was taken by Covid
His loss cannot be filled and is a loss for all whose lives he touched



At four years old with Mom. those gorgeous large eyes full of masti and mirth. his childhood nickname Gappu carried on into adulthood. typical of his good humour, he revelled in it

now isn't that a bonny baby
(photo by Dad, clicked with his Contax, when colour photography had just started in India)



waahh.....Mom when will my turn come!

Yes now we are evenly bestowed....love Coca Cola
 

you can "Try Your Luck" but where finance is concerned
I am a wizard
just watch me when i become a chartered accountant
(Card game stall at the annual Diwali Mela by Mom's ladies club Mahila Mangal)


with Bhabi (nani)
Childhood, those beautiful sunny days
one thought they would never end


Sunil at extreme right (with Dad, Mom and Anu)
Aren't I the dashing hero


 

cousin Sanju doing tika to Sunil
they are now together, hopefully blissful and at peace

first major project - Yogeshwar building, Connaught Place
taking on challenges and hard work are my forte

Prince Charming on his white horse


I love to party!


was there to support me in my art exhibitions
with Japanese Ambassador Hirabayashi at inauguration of my show "Fragrance of Sakura" at India International Centre

fun times with niece Akriti




"I am a continuation, like the rain
is a continuation of the cloud"
- Thich Nhat Hanh (left earth on 22 Jan 2022)










1 comment:

Div_M said...

May his soul rest in peace 🙏